The Corporate Affairs Commission, commonly referred to as the CAC is a body established in 1990 under the Companies and Allied Matters Act 2004 (as amended) for the formation and regulation of companies, business names and charities in Nigeria.
What is the role of the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)?
The functions of the CAC include to:
- regulate and supervise the formation, incorporation, registration, management and winding up of companies in Nigeria;
- regulate and supervise the formation and management of Business Names and Incorporated Trustees;
- establish and maintain Company registry’s and offices in all states in Nigeria;
- process post incorporation compliance for companies; and
- conduct investigations into the affairs of any company when required.
What is the structure of the Agency?
The Registrar-General is the Chief Executive Officer of the CAC and in charge of its day-to-day management. The agency also has a Governing Board which is headed by a Chairman and comprises of representatives of various business professional and government agencies.
Who is the head of the Agency?
The current chairman of the CAC is Honorable Ademola Seriki while the Registrar General is A.G Abubarkar.
What sectors does the agency regulate?
The agency regulates all matters related to registered business and charitable entities in Nigeria.
What activities does the agency regulate?
The formation, incorporation, registration, management and winding up of companies and these affairs as they relate to Business names and Incorporated Trustees.
What services does the Corporate Affairs Commission provide?
The services provided by the CAC include ;
- Registration of companies (Private or Public Company, Limited by guarantee)
- Registration of business names;
- Registration of Incorporated Trustees;
- Conducting searches on registered entities;
- Issuance of Certified True Copies of filed documents;
- Registration of share capital increases, mortgages, etc.
- Processing the statutory filings of Annual Returns, increase, changes in the memo and articles, addresses, etc;
- Arrange or conduct investigations into the affairs of any company where the interests of shareholders and the public so demand;
- Management and winding-up of companies;
- Monitoring and Ensuring companies compliance with the governing law;
The Commission’s operations are fully computerized and an onlie system of the services has been implemented
What recurrent compliance services does the Corporate Affairs Commission oversee?
Some of the recurrent compliance services the Corporate Affairs Commission undertakes includes:
- Filing annual returns
- Filing notices for mergers and acquisitions
- Filing of notices and resolutions of registered companies
Corporate Affairs Commission Contact
- Website: https://www.cac.gov.ng/
- Address: Plot 420, Tigris Crescent, Off Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama, Abuja.
- Phone Numbers :+234-818-229-8971 or +234-809-552-1924
If you need any help accessing services from the Corporate Affairs Commission, you may request via our portal or send us an email – email@example.com.